Sunday, October 26, 2008

Why Sixteen?

Here are some of the morphos (designs that show what I could look like when I turn Pretty) that I've made. The last one was my first ever morpho, so it's a little unfinished. Okay, so one of my teacher gave me this assignment to make a "blog" to talk about myself, share my interests, to let her know my whole life's story. Totally bogus. But anyway, I'm Tally, and here's the deal:
Age: 15
Height: Who cares? Not tall enough!
Weight: Typical Ugly weight (Yuck!)
Eyes: Two (And they're brown. Just in case you wanted to know.)
Nose: Oversize
Hair: Plain, dirt-colored brown
Anyway, as you might notice, I'm not entirely happy with my features. Actually, that is an understatement: I hate the way I look. And who wouldn't? I'm just a regular ugly, living in a city were Pretties are given everything. I mean, they have their own little world over there! I can see it from my window: the tall buildings, overflowing with gorgeous people partying the night away, swollen hot-air balloons swaying gently in the night's breeze. Mansions, pleasure gardens, crazy parties, all filled with new Pretties. My friend Peris is over there somewhere. It's so bogus that you have to be sixteen to turn Pretty. There's only a few more weeks until my birthday, and I'm counting ever minute. All I want to is be Pretty. I can't imagine what there is out in the world other than being Pretty. It's all I think about. I don't know why some people choose not to get the operation; it seems like a much better alternative than being ugly for the rest of your life. But I met a new friend last night, and she doesn't want to turn Pretty, which is so bogus. But now she doesn't want me to turn Pretty either, even though I want to. I don't want to loser her friendship, but not become pretty? It's a lot to ask for. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Melinda Sordino said...

You dont sound that ugly! I bet you will become a pretty PRETTY!! juts be patient

Anonymous said...

From reading your blogs I can tell that you have read the book and you understand your character. Your voice is so projected as Tally and good facts. I love the background of your profile, its cute :]


-Serina

Ponyboy said...

I think your blog design looks cool. You sound very ugly,but you will become pretty. I think your blog was very good.