Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Friendship or Beauty?

Remember that friend I wrote about? Well, her name is Shay. She's a really cool person, and way different from any other friend I've had before. She showed me a lot of things I had never seen or done before, like hoverboarding and visiting the Rusty Ruins. We've totally bonded over the fact that all of our friends have turned Pretty before us, and we've gotten really close. So now you're probably wondering, "Tally, if you guys are such great friends, why are you writing all of this totally bogus crap?" Well, their is one slight problem: Shay ran away.

Yeah. That's bad. When we were making morphos last time, Shay and I got into this fight, and now she ran away because she doesn't want the operation. Doesn't want to become Pretty. Doesn't want a life of beauty, glamour, and fun. I know that it's not my fault, but I can't help but feel a little guilty. So now the freakishly beautiful/scary authorites have given me this totally bogus choice: turn in Shay, or stay ugly forever.

...I'm not sure what do. I just can't betray Shay, but all I've ever wanted was to be Pretty. What do I do?!? Do I turn in my friend just for a life of fun and gorgeousness? (I'm too stressed to care if that's a word or not.) Okay, so: If I track her down, they'll make me pretty (good) but they may hurt Shay (bad). If I don't track her down, I stay ugly (BADBADBAD!) but Shay stays ugly too (good for her). But what if this "David" guy she keeps talking about isn't real and she gets lost in the wild? Or, worse yet, what if he's some creepy ugly-loser and he does something to her? It's almost like I'm talking myself into... oh, crap, who am I kidding? I want to be Pretty too bad.

1 comment:

Katie said...

KOOLES!
awesome blog! really like the entries, too. wow, "friendship or beauty". in other words "selfish and not-selfish". but its hard for those "uglys". lols, but anywhos, great job on the blog. guarantee this is to be read!

debs:]